You have high standards for the products you use to decorate your home. You want them to be strong, durable, of exceptional quality, and above all, safe for your family. We continually strive to craft window treatments that are as safe as they are beautiful. For instance, we offer tension pulleys and tie-down devices that keep continuous-loop pull cords taut, preventing loose cords from posing a danger.
When purchasing your window treatment, be sure to invest in the safest options for homes with children and pets. Because our cordless and motorized control options remove standard operating cords and their associated hazards, they’ve been certified as Best for kids by an independent lab:
- Cordless control uses sleek, ergonomic handles to guide your blind or shade into place by gently lifting the bottom rail.
- Motorized control uses a simple one-touch remote for control that enables hands off operation from virtually anywhere in the home.
Outside of lift and motorized control options, there are many simple ways to make give your windows style without compromising safety. The Window Covering Safety Council urges parents and caregivers to check all windows for potential cord hazards and use the following guidelines to ensure your home is safe:
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture, and toys away from windows and cords, preferably to another wall.
- Ensure tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Keep cords out of reach of young children by installing and using cord cleats.
- Cord stops must be properly installed and adjusted to limit the movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.
- Replace blinds, shades, and drapes manufactured before 2001 with products that meet updated safety standards.
At the end of the day, we know the safety of your family is most important. We’re here to help you create a space that’s both secure and comfortable.